Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Life is so precious!

As the 1 year anniversary of Andrew's "Angel Day" approaches I have been thinking a lot lately about how quickly life can be turned upside down, how precious life is.  I have heard of a couple stories recently that have made me think about the day Andrew died and our life since then.  A lady in my parent's ward had their 29 year old daughter pass away in her sleep, my brother told me about a 16 month old boy in his stake who died in a household accident, and young father who (from Pleasanton, CA where I grew up) was 27 years old who also passed away in his sleep about a week ago.  Life is so short.  It can change so quickly.  What I wouldn't give to be able to be able to have hugged and given Andrew so many more snuggles and kisses.  He is so perfect!  My heart hurts so much for these families and the hurt they are feeling.   I remember the people who wrote to me that also have angels all said it was so hard but time helps.  It has helped.  The Gospel heals and has blessed us with comfort that  I feel like I have found a new normal.   I'm grateful for this time of year and the opportunity we have to remember the birth of the Savior and work to act as He would.  Please take the time to hug and love and appreciate your kids, spouses and families.  Life is so precious and we thank Heavenly Father every day that he blessed us with being part of Andrew's precious life.

6 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Eric and Jenny, we love you so much and still think of you often. May you continue to have the peace and strength to get through this difficult time. I can't even begin to imagine that glorious day when you will get to hold that angel in your arms once again.
love you! Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

Thank you so much for the reminder. You are right! It is so short and it's so easy to take for granted. Especially as a parent. I will give my kids extra hugs and kisses tonight. Thanks!

My thoughts are often with you. I hope you are all doing well. Love, melanie

Melanie said...

Thank you so much for the reminder. You are right! It is so short and it's so easy to take for granted. Especially as a parent. I will give my kids extra hugs and kisses tonight. Thanks!

My thoughts are often with you. I hope you are all doing well. Love, melanie

The Thackers said...

Thanks for the reminder. I will go and give my kids a big hug and kiss right now! :-) I have been thinking about you, knowing your "one-year" day is around the corner. Such a hard thing. You and Eric continue to inspire me with your faith and optimism. Sending you lots of hugs!!

Kiley said...

I have checked into your blog often after hearing of your loss last year. Your strength and faith are such an inspiration to me. I can't imagine how you must feel at times. I watched the latest church video today and it imediately made me think of you, so I checked in once again. :) You've probably seen it, but just in case: http://lds.org/pages/we-can-live-with-god-again?lang=eng

Sunshine Promises said...

Your words so echo the feelings of my own heart. Our situations are so similar! Our baby's were called Home just 3 weeks apart and in the same way. And yet I feel Bennett with us so much. I hope you are able to feel the same with Andrew.
I pray that your first Angel Day anniversary was a peaceful one full of all the remembrances of Eternal Families.
xoxo,
Amanda