Monday, March 14, 2011

6 Months

Jared turns 6 months old today.  He had his well child appointment this morning and is 17lbs 5oz.  Jared loves to eat and has the cutest personality.  He is so nice and has the cutest open mouth smile.
Tanner is awesome!  He keeps me on my toes and I love teaching his primary class at church.  We were driving home the other day and Tanner told me he can't wait till Andrew gets "back together again." 
Jared Bear
Aubs loves taking care of Jared.
The weather here in Seattle has been extra rainy lately, so the kids each made their own forts.

Jared is growing up too fast.  He loves eating solids and loves playing in the saucer.
I am constantly blown away at how kind people have been to us.  We are still getting cards, notes, and presents.  We got a package in the mail from someone we don't even know, with wrapped presents for all of us.  
Travis got some Toy Story figurines.  
He carries them with him all the time.

Aubs posing with her new toys.
Sara and I got this footage of Jared dancing.
I had to add a picture of my hott husband.  He is so wonderful.  Starting today, he has 11 finals in the next four days.  We are so grateful for him and his hard work!
Travis has been really into drawing and coloring lately.  This is the tiger he drew.
I love how big Jared looks.  This is the first picture I have took of the kids all together since Andrew died.  It isn't as fun to take pictures of them all together with Andrew missing.  I am so grateful that we got to have Andrew in our family.
We went and visited some of our good friends and when we walked into their house, their seven year old son walked up to Aubree and said, "So... I heard you had a funeral."  It was really cute.  I love how kids are so innocent and say exactly what they are thinking.  Most adults don't know what to say to us, so they either don't talk to us or talk about everything but Andrew.  We love talking about Andrew and love when people want to talk to us about him.  
ANDREW MEMORY: (By Aubree) "He was a really nice boy.  I love him.  He loved to pull my hair and I thought it was funny when he pulled Travis' hair.  We miss him.  I got a slushee for my birthday and shared it with him.  I loved holding Andrew and taking care of him.  I loved putting Andrew on the couch and then letting him climb down onto my lap.  I loved letting him ride on my lap down the stairs.  I loved spending time with Andrew and I am so excited to see him again someday.  I miss him." 

6 comments:

knygard said...

That is a most impressive lion, seriously, nelson is still stuck on balls and circles. Tanner is like a cheer leader to me, always happy to see you and excited about everything, can't help but be excited too! Maycie talks about Andrew all of the time. It seems like almost daily she likes to review where he is and why he is there and what he is doing, amazed at the insight she has sometimes. Andrew has been a teacher to us all.

Dara said...

Love Aubree's Memory of Andrew. She is one special little girl. Out of the mouth of babes, they make it seem so easy to just say what they're feeling. Also the simple and complete faith that your children have of seeing Andrew again is inspiring. It is wonderful promise we have of being families forever! Thank you so much for sharing your family with all of us.

Winders said...

:)

The Swansons said...

So jealous you guys got to build forts on a rainy day. Maybe I can convince Bryan to make a fort with me ;)

The Thackers said...

I am really impressed with your photography...such good pictures of your kids. I'm also impressed with Travis' tiger. Nice job, Travis! Anyway, I love reading your blog. It makes me feel good. It's probably because I love your family. You guys are great. ;-)

Pedro Garcia Millan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.