Monday, February 14, 2011

5 months old!

 Our little Jared is 5 months old today.  I can't believe he is already that old.  He is so fun and smiling all the time.  He looks so much like Travis did, but just with blue eyes and blonder hair.  It is weird to have two kids that look similar.  Jared is sleeping, uninterrupted  from 7 to 7 every night and takes 3-4 naps a day.  For the last 8 weeks, he has been such an amazing tender mercy to us.  The timing of his birth and having a baby to take care of has made it so I have to get up and go everyday.  I am so grateful Heavenly Father blessed us with our latest miracle.
 Love him!
 Aubs ran in from the garage telling me Tanner put wood glue into his hair.  Sometimes I am not sure what he is thinking.  Maybe he thought it looked like gel.  It was fun to clean out of his hair.

 Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.  Here is "mine" after his workout.  He is so so wonderful!  Eric has been my rock, my best friend, and my strength.  I appreciate Eric so much.  This last week he had 6 exams and 5 quizzes and I would've never known.  We can never tell when he is stressed, he always is kind and makes all of us feel so important.  Eric is my perfect husband and dad.
 It was pretty nice this last week and the kids played outside a lot.  Aubree is pulling Tanner around in the wagon.
 Tanner is so fun.
Aubree got a locket for her birthday and added a picture of Andrew in it all by herself.   Whenever she gets "dressed up," she wears it.
Woodland Park Zoo
 When I have the older three kids at the zoo, I bring our single stroller and the kids take turns walking and riding.
 Aubree holding the hand of an orangutan. 
 Cute Aubs
LOVE this picture.  Andrew would've been 16 months old on Saturday.  Things are still pretty unreal.  We got the results from the medical examiner on the cause of death.  He said it is SIDS.  Every organ checked out perfect, all the toxicology came back normal, there is no known cause of death, so they call it SIDS.  Andrew fulfilled what he needed to here.   I am so grateful for the time we had with Andrew in our home.  He is such a blessing to us and I am so grateful his birth mom blessed us with raising him.  I wish that I would've gave him a huge hug that night, looked him in the eye and let him know how much I loved him and appreciated him.  I love him and miss him sooo much!

5 comments:

Ari Anna said...

You guys are wonderful! Happy Valentines Day

tara said...

I don't know how you keep up with those kids, Jen! Tanner and wood glue?! LOL he's such a handsome boy - wood glue and all. Isn't it nice to have weather they can play outside in?! Love you guys.

Emma and Dan said...

Jen, it's so obvious that all of your children know how much they are loved by both you and Eric everyday.

Wood glue in the hair... Where do kids get these ideas? I just looked over at Elena in time to see her pull an entire tissue out of her mouth! Why? :)

Aubrey sounds like the sweetest big sister! I love the locket.

The Potter Family said...

I actually put that quote up thinking of you guys!
We think of you nearly every day. Hope you are doing ok.

Adam & Brandi said...

I love seeing all the pictures of your sweet little children. I can't believe Jared is already 5 months old. What a sweetie he is.
We love you all and think of you often.
Eric, you are such a great husband and father to always be so cheerful and happy. Even with all the stresses with school. And I have never seen Jenny without a huge smile on her face. So I guess you could say...You two were a match made in heaven. ;)